Do not use travel packages.
If you are awarded travel funding by KITP, you must present itemized receipts in order to receive the reimbursement. Travel "packages" offered by Internet vendors typically do not include itemized expenses, so do not book travel through such vendors unless you can confirm that charges for each item will be listed separately (e.g., hotel, airfare, car rental, etc.).
If you are awarded travel funding from KITP, you must fly with a United States carrier, in compliance with the Fly America act. More details on the regulations may be found at http://www.gsa.gov/portal/content/103191.
Airlines serving SBA, together with nonstop destination cities.
Santa Barbara Ground Transportation
- TAXI Listings: CitySearch or CarFree or yelp. (From SBA to KITP, airport taxis may cost $15 or more.)
- City bus lines 6 and 11 serve SBA
Ground Transportation to/from LAX
Save money and often time; take Santa Barbara Airbus.
(Goleta Airbus Terminal is less than 3 miles from KITP.)
Ground Transportation from Other Southcoast Airports
- The nearest alternate airports served by a major airline (United) are in Oxnard and Santa Maria.
- There is no public transportation to Santa Barbara from these airports, but rental cars are available.
- Bob Hope Airport (BUR) in Burbank, approximately 100 miles from KITP, is served by many major carriers plus Southwest Airlines.
- There is an AMTRAK train depot a short distance from the terminal (map). It is possible to walk from the airport to the train depot, but there is also a free shuttle available. There are 5 or 6 trains per day to Santa Barbara and Goleta.
- There is no shuttle bus from BUR to Santa Barbara, but rental cars are available.