If you are coming for at least three workweeks (minimum 17 days), please review our Information for Program Participants.
We are providing this information in connection with your recent letter of invitation to participate in a KITP program. As you prepare for your visit, other "Before your Visit" pages in the left-hand menu will help you plan. In particular, please note:
Things to do right away:
- RSVP — If you have not already confirmed your attendance, please do so as soon as possible. Most invitations start on a Monday and end on a Friday. Your invitation tacitly includes weekends or holidays surrounding your visit, but you will not be issued an entry key to the building until staff members are present (Monday-Friday, 8 AM - 12 PM and 1 PM - 5 PM).
- Visas — If you are not a US citizen, you will need to show an appropriate status (i.e., B1, J1, H1, WB, PR) in order to be reimbursed. Please bring your employment authorization card or passport, visa and I94 card. Should you have questions regarding your status, or if you will have an F, J or H visa issued by another institution, please contact the Visa Specialist.
- If you plan to travel on the waiver, you must complete an online Waiver Authorization form. For further information, please see waiver news and waiver information on our web site.
- Please arrange your travel and lodging as soon as possible.
- If you participate in the program for at least a full work week (5 days) you are eligible to stay in the KITP Residence, if capacity allows. If we are not able to house you in the Residence, you will need to book your own lodging. Please see the short-term lodging page for instructions--you must fill out the housing form in order to be considered for residence lodging.
- Travel — see our air and ground transportation web pages.
- Conference — If your visit coincides with the program's associated conference, you must register for the conference and pay the fee at least 30 days before it starts. Here you will find information regarding conference registration and fees.
Other things to know:
- Campus Parking Information and campus maps: There is extensive parking information, especially on long-term permits, on our web page. For short-term parking, Lot 10 is most convenient to our building. Payment kiosks are on each floor. VIP permits (top level only) are $10 and can be used until 7:30 AM the following day. You can also pay by the space for "Coastal Access" spots for up to 4 hours.
- Parking at the Residence: Short-term parking and loading/unloading are immediately adjacent to the residence, as is at least one Zip Car. The closest long-term parking lot is about 1/4 mile away.
- Reimbursements: Please note that KITP can only reimburse actual expenses and cannot advance funds. In order to be reimbursed for lodging and/or transportation, please bring your original receipts.
- Staff Contacts: People whom you may wish to contact about programs.
We suggest referring to our arrival guide checklist prior to traveling to KITP.
Questions? Please contact Speakers.