Rentals on the Web - Vacation Rentals
Note: The sites referenced on this page are provided for your convenience based upon feedback from previous visitors. KITP does not endorse any site. In the event that an online rental provider asks you to wire money to secure a rental, please inform KITP. You should not wire money to a provider who is not known to -- or cannot be verified by -- us.
For both short-term & long-term visits, do-it-yourselfers might try some of the house listing services available on the web. Vacation rentals are typically priced weekly and are rather expensive, but they sometimes discount 10% or so if rented by the month.
- Vacation Rentals by Owner - Numerous visitors have reported finding success here.
- Sabbatical Homes and Academic Homes - These sites host listings both of available homes and of academics looking for accommodations.
- Airbnb.com - Similar to vrbo.com.
- Kijiji Classified - listings for the Santa Barbara area
- Craig's list - a very popular online classified ad site that includes rentals; again, please note their guide to avoiding fraud
- Coastal Hideaways - This company has several beach rentals plus other vacation rentals south of Santa Barbara, in Carpinteria and Ventura. Melissa Pearson at: 805-969-1995 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Coastal Properties - Check their webpage first – if you don’t see anything suitable, call them at (805) 969-1258 and ask for Shane Amburn. You can also email Shane at: email@example.com.
Rental Location Agents
Tired of looking yourself? These agencies will search for lodging for your dates with your specified requirements. (They get a commission from the renter, so there are no direct charges to you.)
- Coastal Escapes Reservation Services - (805) 684-7679, (800) 292-2222
- Hot Spots Accommodation Service - (805) 564-1637, (800) 793-7666